Alumni Association & Legacy Fund site!
Fellow Selinsgrove Area High School Alumni,
As a graduate and life-long member of the Selinsgrove Community, I would like to take this opportunity to invite you to become part of a group of individuals who are embarking on an exciting project intended to improve and enhance the prestige and tradition of the Selinsgrove Area School District. The project we are embarking upon involves two (2) distinct areas capable of being an asset to the community and the school.
Selinsgrove Area High School Alumni Association
The Alumni Association objectives will be as follows:
1. Build friendship and cooperation among alumni of Selinsgrove Area High School,
2. Help alumni maintain contact with each other and with the Selinsgrove Area High School and community
3. Assist graduating classes as they prepare for reunions.
4. Host community and school based events providing all alumni an opportunity to reconnect with each other and the area.
Seals Legacy Fund
The Legacy Fund objectives will be as follows:
1. Encourage alumni support of the district’s educational, cultural, and athletic programs through donations to the Selinsgrove Area School District Legacy Fund.
2. Improve the quality of the K-12 education experience in the district so the youth are better prepared for college and careers.
3. Provide a viable “first choice” for alumni or supporter(s) of the Selinsgrove Area School District who want to create a charitable gift legacy that benefits the schools.
Both of the endeavors listed above have been attempted and discussed at various levels and times over the years but unfortunately have not come to fruition for a number of reasons. Since the time of the previous efforts to establish an Alumni Association and related Fund, a number of dynamics have changed including the state of the economy, loss of revenue at the state level, and the competitiveness of global markets. This changing dynamic makes it imperative that Selinsgrove join the ranks of many other school districts and institute both the Alumni Association and Legacy Fund.
Over the coming summer and fall months we will be recruiting alumni willing to assist in the formation of the Alumni Association dedicated to meeting the objectives of the organization. Priority will be given to the Alumni Association in order to establish the network of graduates which will better enable the creation of future projects which will include community events as well as the Legacy Fund.