Healthy Children are Successful Learners. The school nurse has a multi-faceted role within the school setting, one that supports the physical, mental, emotional, and social health of students and their success in the learning process (NASN, 2010).
Role of the School Nurse
- Provides direct care to students
- Provides leadership for the provision of health services
- Provides screening and referral for health conditions
- Promotes a healthy school environment
- Promotes health
- Serves in a leadership role for health policies and programs
- Serves as a liaison between school personnel, family, health care professionals, and the community (AAP, 2008)
American Academy of Pediatrics, Council on School Health (2008). Policy Statement: Role of the school nurse in providing school health services. Pediatrics. 2008; 121(5):1052-1056.
National Association of School Nurses (2010). Position Statement: Role of the School Nurse. Retrieved from: http://www.nasn.org/Default.aspx?tabid=57
We are always looking for licensed nurses to substitute.
Cathi Crossgrove (RN, M.Ed, CSN)
579.372.2290 / 570.372.2287
Angela Hartman (RN, MSN, CSN)
570.372.2276 / 570.372.2272
Jill Raymond (RN, MSN, CSN)
570.372.2262 / 570.372.2251
Margaret Briskey (RN, MSN, CSN)
570.372.2246 / 570.372.2240