The Selinsgrove Area School District is committed to providing quality education for life-long learning.
We envision the Selinsgrove Area School District to be a premier, exemplary student centered organization where everyone shares in the commitment to the education and development of each student.
Our educational system will provide a customized, personalized learning environment that will enable each student to graduate demonstrating competency of 21st Century Skills including critical thinker, self-directed learner, effective communicator, collaborative worker, quality employee, proficient user of technology, and contributing member of a global society.
- We believe all students can learn and succeed given appropriate standards-based curriculum and research-based instruction.
- We believe staff and physical facilities should provide a supportive, safe, and secure environment in which to learn.
- We believe each student is unique and the educational experience should encourage and develop creativity and imagination.
- We believe educational excellence must be supported by continuous evaluation of facilities and resources, effective instructional practices, and proficient use of technology.
- We believe education is a life-long pursuit and students must be equipped with the skills for success to meet the challenges of an ever-changing global society.
- We believe in dedication to excellence and high academic expectations while maintaining fiscal responsibility.
- We believe academic excellence is achieved through quality instruction supported by continuous, focused staff development which models life-long learning.
- We believe education should promote character development, ethical behavior, and a positive self-image leading to being responsible citizens.
- We believe effective leadership at all levels is essential to the success of our educational program.
- We believe encouragement and support of innovation, flexibility, and creativity is necessary in order to successfully adapt to change.
- We believe that the school, students, family, and community should have shared responsibility and shared decision-making in the educational process through collaboration and communication.
- We believe excellence in all areas is identifiable, measurable, achievable, and worthy of pursuit.