Anyone who is experiencing the following is considered homeless.
- Lacks a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence
- Sharing the housing of others due to loss of housing, economic hardship, or similar reason
- Living in motels, hotels, trailer parks, camping grounds due to lack of adequate alternative accommodations
- Living in emergency or transitional shelters
- Abandoned in hospitals
- Living in a public or private place not designed for humans to live
- Living in cars, parks, abandoned buildings, bus or train stations, etc.
- Youth on their own who lack a fixed, adequate and regular primary nighttime residence (unaccompanied youth)
- Migratory Children who qualify as homeless because the children are living in circumstances described above.
For further assistance or information:
Selinsgrove Area School District’s Homeless Liaison
329 Seals Avenue
Selinsgrove, PA 17870