Academic Support Resources Available to SAHS Students
Students who are in need of additional academic support should reach out to their assigned School Counselor (contact info. below) to discuss the following formal academic supports available to students.
Homework Club (HWC)
- WHO BENEFITS FROM HWC? Students who historically struggle with classes and keeping up with daily school tasks/assignments.
- HOW WILL HWC LOOK? SAHS Teachers, mainly in the core areas, along with Dr. Conrad will staff the program and aid students who need help completing daily assignments.
- WHERE WILL HWC BE? SAHS Library
- WHEN WILL HWC HAPPEN? 3:10pm to 4:10pm, Monday through Thursday evenings – No Friday meetings
Seal Time One-on-One Tutoring
- Peer tutors who are members of the National Honor Society and have demonstrated strong academic performance in identified content areas.
- Students and tutors meet during Seal Time in the Media Center.
- Meeting days are arranged directly between students and tutors via email and in-person conversations.
- Provided through a partnership with the United Way, Bucknell University, and Susquehanna University.
- 2 hours per week.
- Math, English, Science, Reading, and History are identified areas of expertise of tutors.
- Register today at: http://www.gsvuw.org/unitedwelearn
School Counselor Assignments:
- Students with last names beginning with the letter A through G: Mr. Lehman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Students with last names beginning with the letter H through P: Mrs. Veach (email@example.com)
- Students with last names beginning with the letter Q through Z: Mrs. Aurand (firstname.lastname@example.org)