Question: How often will my child be required to come to school?
Answer: To begin the program each student will be required to come to school twice per six day cycle. If the student is successful, the cyber coordinator can reduce this requirement to once per six day cycle. If the student is falling behind in their studies, the requirement can also be increased.
Question: When will my child be required to be logged into the eQUIP system?
Answer: There are no set times that students must be logged in. They may work at a time and place that best suits their schedule.
Question: Can my child participate in additional school activities?
Answer: Yes. Students may choose to participate in band or chorus. They will also have the opportunity, as long as work is complete, to participate in end of the year activities.
Question: How will online content be delivered to my child?
Answer: SAMS Online Learning Program will use an online provider, eQUIP. EQUIP will provide content as well as certified teachers in every content area to assist your student. For more information on eQUIP’s curriculum please visit http://equiplearning.iu17.org/curriculum/.
Question: What are the advantages of Selinsgrove’s program vs. other cyber programs?
Answer: While the advantages will vary for each student, here a few reasons to select Selinsgrove’s Online Learning program:
- A full time Online Learning Coordinator, Mr. Derek Hicks, will monitor each student’s program and progress while communicating with parents/guardians on their student’s progress and needs.
- Every eligible student will have access to special education through coordination with Dr. Lisa Conrad
- Every student will be supported by SAMS Guidance Counselor Mr. Scott Smolleck.
- Every student will have access to an onsite lab to complete coursework.
- Every student will have access to home district opportunities.
- Every student will receive a Selinsgrove Area School District transcript.
- Students will be provided with a laptop to be used for coursework.
Question: What courses will my child take while enrolled in the Selinsgrove program?
Answer: Students will take the same four core courses as other middle school students. These courses are math, science, social studies, and ELA. They will also take one elective. Course descriptions can be found by clicking here.
If you’d like more information or have additional questions about the SAMS Online Learning Program, please contact program instructor: